10 Reasons Now Is the Best Time to Sell Your Home
1. There are motivated buyers in the market that must buy for job & tax reasons.
2. During the holiday season there are typically less homes on the market and this year it is more true than ever.. Less supply
means less competition. Less competition means more money in your pocket.
4. Home buying is an emotional purchase and emotions tend to run high during the holiday
season. Strategically, having the opportunity to work off a buyer’s emotion is in your
favor . . . they tend to offer a higher price when emotions are involved.
5. The holiday season reminds many people of family. The home is the foundation of the
family unit. More people become motivated to buy during the holidays, more than
other times of the year.
6. Interest rates are incredibly low right now, which allows a home buyer to afford more in the
market. When rates are low, buyers tend to present higher purchase offers.
7. Many sellers will wait and list after the first of the year, which causes a lot of new
inventory of homes for sale in January. The longer you wait; the more competition you create for
yourself. You can expect a flood of new home inventory in 1st quarter of 2016. As supply
increases, your likelihood of getting an offer at an acceptable price decreases.
8. Since most people do not want to move during the holidays, you can secure a contract
now while your selling opportunity is high and arrange for a delayed closing with the buyer(s).
9. Companies typically bring new talent in starting at the beginning of the year. These
new hires are looking at property now. You must be on the market to take advantage
of these buyers.
10. Selling now can give you more buying power later. By selling your home now, you can
buy after January when the market becomes saturated with listings as a noncontingent
buyer. This gives you negotiating power!