The Lowry Team’s Top 10 Fall Home Maintenance Tips
It’s that time of year….time for Fall home maintenance. There is plenty to do but by working through this list, you are preventing future maintenance problems. Here are 10 Fall home maintenance tips that The Lowry Team recommends:
1. Clean the gutters – Clean the gutters and downspouts of sticks, leaves and other debris. If necessary, replace the gutters with those that have leaf guards.
2. Caulk around the windows – This is an easy and inexpensive way to prevent heat from escaping your house.
3. Check paint and siding – Blistering and peeling paint on the exterior walls of your home is a sign that your siding may no longer be protected.
4. Seal the driveway – Sealing the cracks extends the life of your driveway.
5. Inspect your roof – Look for shingles that are loose or missing. If needed, have a professional repair the roof before Winter.
6. Winterize the deck – Clean your porch, deck and furniture. Cover the furniture and your grill. Store everything away from the elements.
7. Drain exterior faucets – Disconnect the garden hoses from the house and drain water from the faucets to prevent freezing.
8. Prepare yard equipment for storage – Clean and empty the fuel from lawn mowers, weed trimmers and other yard equipment.
9. Inspect heat sources – Prior to use, have your furnace serviced and your fireplace inspected.
10. Reverse ceiling fans – Reversing the ceiling fan blades helps to distribute warm air from the ceilings throughout the room.
The Lowry Team has a preferred vendor list. If you need Fall home maintenance work done, call us at 513-874-1830. We would be happy to recommend someone to you.
The Lowry Team is an award winning, full service real estate firm specializing in West Chester, Liberty Township, Mason, Monroe and the Northern Suburbs of Cincinnati. The Lowry Team’s culture is that of a fun, high energy group who prides themselves on providing, personal, professional real estate service.
The Lowry Team is “Different by Design”…taking a team approach to home buying and selling. The Lowry Team consists of members that are focused on areas of specialization including Listing Specialists, Buyer Specialists, Transaction/Listing Coordinator, Inside Sales Associate and a Marketing Director.
Don’t Hire an Agent…Hire a Team. The Lowry Team.
Buyers and Sellers can reach The Lowry Team, Keller Williams at 513-874-1830.
Other Articles You May Be Interested In: